So here's what we have so far.
Dill Pickles #1
- ~10 pickling cucumbers, sliced into spears or chips
- 4 Cups white vinegar
- 4 Cups water
- 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup pickling salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp pickling spices
- bay leaves
- garlic cloves
- mustard seed
- Pickle Crisp
- Bring boiling water canner to a boil and sterilize 5-6 pint jars.
- In a separate pot, bring vinegar, water, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, and pickling spice to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes to dissolve sugar and salt and pull flavor from the pepper and spices
- One at a time, remove the jars, dump water and carefully cold pack the cucumbers in the jar along with 1 garlic clove, one bay leaf, 1/2 tsp mustard seed, 1/4 tsp of Pickle Crisp, and two sprigs of dill.
- Pour in Brine leaving one inch of head room. Wipe, seal, and return to boiling water.
- Process these jars for 15 minutes following standard water bath canning methods.