I spent a lot of time trying to get my Raspberry Pi to be a web server. And I was able to do it. But it brought with it some headaches that I didn't need. I'll still use it to host some galleries that I don't want on the cloud, but I'm looking to move my primary posts off to something a bit more stable.
The biggest problem I had was that most Content Management Systems use a SQL database. I wanted to avoid that becuase that inclreases the read/writes on the SD card. I corrupted two rather quickly trying to get wordpress to run. So I switched to GetSimple CMS, which is fine but not very blog friendly. As this is evolving more into a blog than a static website I envisioned, I needed to find a new home.
Oh and spell check will be a nice feature. I was not enjoying the typewritter feel of GetSimple.
We'll see how it goes.