Pumpkin Spice White Chili
- 1.3 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Chicken Breast, diced raw
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can light red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 16 oz can cannelini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 14.5 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- The Spices
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp whole cloves
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey and onions until the meat is cooked and the onions clear and starting to brown.
- Transfer to crock pot and add all of the other ingredients except the spices.
- Put all of the spices in a (old) coffee grinder and set it spinning and pulverizing the cloves, cinnamon, and other spices to make a fine fully mixed powder.
- Pour spice blend over the contents of the crock pot and stir well to fulling incorporate.
- Cook on high for at least 3 hours. Prop the lid off to the side for the last hour to thicken the chili.