Here's a healthy, no cooking, super delicious salad that works as a dip or eaten directly with fork or spoon. We make it for big parties as it travels well and works best if made ahead of time. Generally, we serve with scooping tortilla chips.
- 1x 15oz can black-eyed peas (drained)
- 1x 11oz can of corn (drained)
- 2x avocados (diced)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2/3 cup red onion (diced)
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
- Let sit several hours before serving with chips. 24 hrs is even better
Notes: Recipe is extremely forgiving of substitutions. We often swap black beans for the black-eyed peas, frozen corn for the canned, and in winter we use a 2 Tbsp dried cilantro instead of fresh.