- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 2 stalks celery - diced
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 5 cloves of garlic - minced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1tsp kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- juice from one lemon
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you prefer)
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup Goyo Mojo Criollo1
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Add oil, onion, carrot, pepper, and celery and saute until onions turn clear.
- Add remaining ingredients and lock lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 hour
- Let natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then you may rapidly release pressure.
- Scoop out half of the beans and set aside.
- Take a stick blender and process remaining soup in the pot until smooth. Return saved beans to pot and stir in.
This isn’t required but I found it added a lot of good flavors. If you don’t have on hand, you can replace with water. ↩